Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Average SMP IQ.

[ QUOTE ]
Two IQs I'd like to know:

Borodog: I'd put him at mid 130s.
Sklansky: Around the same.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I have always tested at 135-140 on various internet tests (which I admit I find enjoyable). But since:

1) I have never been "officially" tested, and
2) I have always suspected that those internet tests are designed to give inflated, i.e. flattering, scores,

I can't really say, and would not be at all surprised if it were actually lower. Although, I am surprised by the consistency of the scores over maybe half a dozen such tests. Maybe they tell everyone they score 135-140. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I would like to say that while I believe "IQ" tests (at least real ones) measure something, it is not exactly clear what that is, and that I believe something like "intelligence" is a highly dimensional thing that cannot be reduced except in a completely crude way to a single number.

My SAT score was 1470 ([censored] up a math question that prevented me from scoring perfect in math, damnit), and I know for a fact that there are many, many posters on 2+2 who scored perfect on their SATs.

If I had to, I would venture to guess that my IQ is greater than maybe 2 out of 3 2+2 posters, but significantly less than that against SMP hardcores. Perhaps only 50%.