View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Pick my major, GOGOGO

[ QUOTE ]
its funny because I actually entered the school as an engineering student but ended up transferring out in the first year, i took a materials science engineering class and was bored to tears with the professor\subject matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost thought Materials Science Engineering was like "Packaging Engineering" or "Industrial Engineering" (IE's are not so affectionately called Imitation Engineers by just about every non-IE engineer I've ever worked with). Fortunately I was wrong. I've just started back at school after seven years of not-so-fun work and will be double majoring in AE and ME when I transfer to a real school. Of course I find these thigns interesting.

Perhaps you really just weren't interested in engineering *shrug*. It's not as glamorous as it sounds (for most jobs anyways).

A good friend of mine went to CMU and double majored in CE and EE. He graduated in three years; now I'm not sure if it was because it was so boring or because it was so interesting that he cruised through it so quickly (nevermind the fact that he's the smartest person I've ever known).