View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Are Any Non Mega Banks Safe Enough To Ignore 100K FDIC Limit?

Great thread guys....esp. the siver/gold ratio debate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

David,

Before I start typing a fairly long answer to your question that will solve your dilemma from many perspectives:

1.Is your comment of a TOP TIERED walk-up money center bank (such as a Chase,BOA,Citi,etc),due to actually being able to withdraw physical CASH at some time at that particular location?

2.Is it imperative that the $1MM NOT be in a one chunk/one location/one time frame type vehicle?

3.When you say BOA is offering 1% BELOW other comparative CD's...are you referring to the interest rate/time period of each CD individually or as ONE CD over x months/years?

4.What is the min/max time frame of putting this money to work?

5.Where is your neck of the woods? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have several large trust accounts for my family/children(I have also helped clients with similar packages) that I have set up that have covered many of these bases.....such as secure bank worries,inconveniencies,FDIC concerns that you are addressing ...as well as NOT having your money tied up for a lengthy period of time without being substantially penalized

Stephen Feraca [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]