View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Folding Nut low and Nut low draws

Wow. Are you serious? I think you need to reevaluate playing this game if you fold A249 on a 78K board. Any 3456 and you have the nut low (half the pot). Any A2 and you have the 2nd nut low and very likely will still take half the pot. If you're going to fold every low you get, you should probably just play Omaha hi. A24K is NOT really much better. The amount of times that whatever hand you'll make with the K is good for the high is slim, considering there'll be people drawing to the flush / straight / set / whatever.

Also, folding the nut low multi-handed on the river is dumb. If you get quartered, you lose a little bit by calling (1/4 pot). If you dont' get quartered, you lose a LOT by folding. If there's $400 in the pot, calling off a pot bet with the nut low will get you at least $300. So you lose at most $100. On the other hand, if the other guy doesn't infact have the nut low (which is more likely if your nut low is something weirder like 23, 24, A4, ...), then you win $200. So if you're WINNING the nut low more than 1/3rd of the time, which I suspect you are, you have to call.

NEVER fold A249 in a multiway pot on a LLH board to a single bet. You have MASSIVE equity. To a bet and two calls, I might even raise this. ESPECIALLY if it was A239.