View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: November 14th: House Judiciary Committee Hearing Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Todays was a short, brief note that will be followed up with tomorrow in more detail and with a phone call.

Addressed to Chairman Conyers:

I am very interested in the hearing Wednesday on Internet Gambling.

I am disappointed it is not being offered via web cast.

Additionally, I support the efforts of many in Congress to un-do the absurd, unworkable UIGEA passed last fall. It is nutty for our government to even be entertaining thoughts of sacrificing American jobs via trade sanctions in an effort to satisfy the misplaced morals of a few.

More importantly, to the world, we are being seen as no better than China. I watched last week with fascination as Chairman Lantos berated YAHOO! for helping China deny citizens access to information on the Internet, now my OWN country is doing the same, denying American citizens access and freedom to enjoy an open and free Internet.

In closing, Sir, please, fix this.

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice letter.

By the way, I hope it was obvious that my original post was addressed to everyone. Too bad this site doesn't have an option to reply to "all" or "everyone". I'd mention it to Mason, but I don't think he's interested in my opinion at the present time. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Glad you are back in action my friend!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]