View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: are you going to sign the neteller release?

this comes down to a fairly simple consideration:

if EV(possibly suing Neteller) - EV(possibly getting sued by Neteller) > 0, then you should not sign.

In other words, consider the possible hypothetical "value" of reserving your rights to sue Neteller down the track.

Then, subtract the possible hypothetical "cost" of possibly being sued by Neteller.

If that result is more than 0, you should not sign. If that result is less than 0, you should sign.

While I am not a lawyer (get legal advice, and don't trust random schmucks on an anonymous internet message board) it would surprise me if there were many people (if any!) who have any chance of being sued by Neteller.

Under my very limited knowledge of Australian law, I've never hear of any concept of "reverse class action" where one litigant can easily sue a large number of people. It would surprise me if it were cost effective for Neteller to employ literally hundreds of lawyers to litigate a series of (relatively) small-time individuals - and even then, I cannot imagine what grounds they could possibly litigate on.