View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your storie

[ QUOTE ]
lol $60 / bottle, good luck dude, prescription drugs are sick expensive. $200-300/30 days (1/2 bottle) is not unrealistic for some drugs. check the retail price on adderall (you'll def want a generic brand, which will retail for less)... $60/bottle is what you'd pay with health insurance

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a scrip for ritalin about 6 months ago. Original consult was about $300 or so. Follow-up visits are government-regulated, and I think you have to basically go back after one month ($130 visit for me), again in six months (all of these follow-up visits were $130 a pop), and then again every six to twelve months thereafter. I have insurance, so it costs me all of 10 bucks to get my monthly refill of 44 pills. I didn't have my prescription insurance card the other day, and paid full price for a month's worth of ritalin--even at full price, it was only $20 (note: technically, I'm on "methylin," which I'm pretty sure is the same thing as ritalin). Point being, if money's no object, you should easily be able to afford this, OP.

Hope I haven't violated any forum rules by refraining from acting like a pathetically childish prick to the OP. Sarcasm and warranted ball-busting is all good, but damn, if you're so starved for attention that you've gotta resort to seeking out internet confrontations in strange places in order to get your strokes, the least you can do is be funny and accurate, lecture-boy. Being skinny doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't take ritalin. Diminished appetite is a sometime side effect of the drug, which some but not all will experience, and which can easily be managed to the extent necessary with proper medical guidance. Carry on...