Thread: KJs in the BB
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: KJs in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
Really interesting hand Bob.

I decided to plugin a range for MP and see where we stand. Of course, there's a bit of art to putting him on a range, but no matter how you slice it, I figure you to be about a 3:1 favorite to have him beaten or tied.

mp range breakdown

Note that of the hands you beat, MP will probably only bet about 25% of the time (aces). Given that, you should bet your hand, even if you intend to call a raise.

Should you call a raise? I think so. Too much risk of being raised by AA with a heart, QQ with a heart, AJ with Ah, etc. I wouldn't 3-bet MP though, because his range does include a big chunk of hands that beat you, so his raise is very believable here.

So I'd say bet / call and call a non-heart, non-ace river. Fold if you bet and it's 2 cold back to you. If you are just called on the turn, bet any non-heart non-ace river. If river is an ace or heart, you should definitely check since you are now way behind his range, and then probably fold, because is he really going to bluff QQ no heart? I doubt it. Exploitable fold for sure, but I think it's best against most players, who will be content to just check behind and hope their Qs hold up.

good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Eric,

I tried to tweak the ranges a bit and your site tells me to login, what's up with that?

Looks like a good tool, how do I use it?

Thanks,
Joe