View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: AHK: how to read PokerStars Lobby? ( source code reward or maybe c

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope Stars respond to my email Re: Datamining concerns... it is a horrible situation we are in right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are Stars trying to ban AHK or something?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, def. not.

They were good enough to explicitly allow it on their recent update to the "Allowed / Prohibited Software" list, within limits.

Mainly because of such, I'm not too keen to push the envelope of acceptable use of AHK.

A table opener is imo fine - but a table opener combined with HH grabber is obviously over the line - and enhances the functionality of HH grabber massively (no need to manually tend the tables) therefore my lack of desire to publish at this time.

They need to sort out their IHH window... datamining is ostensibly "against the rules" - but can be done with nothing more complicated than copy/paste from open tables as an observer...

So honest ppl who obey the TOS go without, others datamine at will creating a market for illicit HHF files... not the best situation.

The annoying thing is that Stars *know* you are observing HHF - they do not write mucked hands for observed - I just wish they would either say "Yes, it is fine to observe HHF" or alternatively reduce the oibserved HHF to summary or whatever so this would not be a tricky situation for us people who like to publish code [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dave.