View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 6: Position/Hand Reading/FIP

[ QUOTE ]
"avoiding the doomsday scenario" happens alot in NLH and frankly people are wrong to avoid them. Yes, sometimes you run against a hand that has you in a bind (or a position) but the % it happens (and you lose your stack) in essence is a low number...

[/ QUOTE ]

totally TOTALLY agree with this....I was just having a very similar discussion the other day with Cero about just this thing, and the position I took was right in line with your camp....I am writing a section on 3-betting in Volume Two that will hit on all of this - I'm actually in the process right now of trying to get some hardcore math to back up a lot of my intuitions - it's a complicated decision tree though....

thanks again for all the great comments...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: One thing I do think needs to be mentioned in this discussion though Bobbo is that there is a difference (even if it's not necessarily enough to change your plan in this particular hand) between a 3-bet pot with 100bb stacks and a 3-bet pot with 200bb stacks - purely due to the ratios.