View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

OK, for people seriously following this argument:

Here is my thought on the convergence of late-street stats. I think we can safely dismiss 100% botting across all accounts because as others have said, these players time out, which is evidence that at lest some of the time humans are playing.

I also agree that it is very tough for 3 human players to have stats that match so closely. One person even said this is difficult for one player over 3 DBs.

Additionally, we agreed that changing table conditions increase the variance of player stats. I think we can also agree that the variance of late-street stats is influenced a lot more by table conditions than pre-flop stats.

Also, we can be fairly sure that this is multiple players, playing one person per account. If this is not true, then the only violation is one player multi-accounting (since he's never playing on the same table, I don't see how this is unethical, albeit it violates FTP's rules)

Now, if we agree that human players play at least some of the time, and we also agree that it is impossible for 3 players to have stats that converge. How is it that all these stats look so identical? If these players do, indeed, play on these accounts, then there should be variation in these stats because different people are playing at least some of the time, and the variance of late-street stats is high.

This does not seem to fit together.

On a side note, if these players do, in fact, discuss late-street decisions together before making them, do you see why their stats would have a much higher likelihood of convergence?