View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, regarding the timeouts.

They would occasionally timeout in places most people wouldn't, like in a hu pot. The other player would donk the river or something, and it would think and think, then timeout. (And often immediately get up from the table)

I can't remember once them timing out in the more traditional manner where there is a five way pot, they have nothing, got sidetracked on a different table, and forgot to hit check/fold.

IMHO, FT should be able to run through their thousands of hands and find that they timed out way way less than other players who play 6-8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This piece of evidence is meaningless. Why would a bot not act?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, if anything its more proof they arent a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you guys missed the part of the theory that talked about how humans sometimes took over during bot play.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is precisely the reasoning that keeps repeating over and over and over in this thread. You guys bring up extremely shaky evidence and evidence that contradicts your argument. When that gets disproved, you guys use the "well, sometimes" excuse to lay that to rest. Then you bring it up 3 pages later.

I think this thread should be locked now, obviously everybody else is locked into their opinions by now.

Nothing these guys say can ever prove them right, if they start announcing their strategy I really don't see how that will have any effect on any side of the argument.

When statistical evidence shows they aren't using the same strategy, it's dismissed because of changing conditions. When it matches, it's obvious proof (even though this is even more affected by changing table dynamics, etc, and could easily be the result of chance as well).

Then we have the guys who keep saying these guys are changing stories "a million times", when this couldn't be farther from the truth.

FTP did an investigation, but what does FTP know?

A mod says they didn't do it, obviously the mod sucks, lynch him.

Anyone whose opinions differ from your own is an idiot.

etc, etc, etc.

EDIT: oh yeah, and now the whole world will hear about from newspapers. That will certainly accomplish a lot and will shed a lot of light on this investigation.