View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: verify and clarify - novel concepts / RANTY preview

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm the floor and the dealer says,
"This guy said "all in?" and the other guy said "I call". I heard the all in as a question."

And other guy says,
"I heard all in and called, I didn't hear a question."

I'm going to rule the "all in?" was an all in bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but there's just not that many floors I've ever worked with that would agree, if any. But that wasn't the case here, the first player was already AI. THe issue is whether asking "All in?" equals "call." "All in?" is a poor choice of words to clarify the action I agree, but if it's clearly not a declaration, it's just nitty. And if the rest of the table heard it as a question as well, it would really take something extraordinary to force a call.

The whole "I heard him/her say this, so it has to be binding" just isn't going to cut it a lot of the time. When there's a misunderstanding, you can't just automatically go one way or the other.

Repeating the action (esp for significant actions like bets, raises, AI), helps cut down on this a lot. You can't always understand a player clearly, because of accents or mumbling or whatever.

Still, like I was saying in my last post, protect your hand. If you're not 100% certain you were actually called, don't flip your cards over. This should be LDO for a big AI pot. Don't you make sure the dealer knows it's a call, and everything is right with the world before turning over the cards?