View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Feel good donkey story of the day

So it's been an up and down day, played a live tourney and was card dead for most of it, ended up busting out on bubble w AK vs 89, c'est la vie.

Came home and fired up a $2 STT SNG on FT.

7 left, LAG player utg min raises, donkey calls, I have 23s, getting 5-1 so I call. Flop is 33J, I check, UTG bets, donkey calls, I call.

Turn A, UTG shoves, donkey calls, I call, they both roll A/rag, I triple.

Fast forward 15 hands or so. I'm MP w 88, folded to me, raise to 4.5x bb, donkey calls.

Flop is A82, 2 spades. I bet 2/3 pot, donkey calls. Turn is blank, donkey bets 1/2 pot, I shove, he calls w J4 spade FD and hits on river.

In chat box I type, 'wow, nice suckout'. He then proceeds to educate me on his 'monster draw' and how it wasn't a suckout. I proceed to tell him that any time you get your chips in as a 4-1 dog with 2-1 pot odds and win it's a suckout. It wasn't actually a completely horrible play, but I think if I can tilt him a bit he'll stack off in the right situation.

He then freaks out about me calling the min raise w 23 in the earlier hand, etc. I proceed to educate him on pot odds and how he shouldn't be stacking off w TPNK on a paired board. He continues to freak out.

Next hand, I have KK on button. Donkey raises 3x bb w 20 bb behind. I jam, he calls, rolls A7s, no improvement, gg donkey.

I love a happy ending.