View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
Het stox thanks for doing this, will you be writing a NL book and or another limit book?? A god thinking player who plays lets say 1/2 NL- 2/4 NL can expect to have approx what kind of ptbb?? Have games changed alot in limit and NL in the last yr since the usa ban?? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

As too the books - both are possible, though not super likely at this point. Mason has tentatively agreed to either, but 2+2 always reserves the right to veto anything they think is of subpar quality. I think this is one way they keep the reputation of their books so high, but hopefully I have earned some room because of WITHG, and I think I have.

The problem is, I have lots of ideas that I think are very good for a NL book/series, but as of right now I haven't really started, other than fleshing out a short article for bluff magazine, and writing a good/complete book is a lot of work. I learned some from the WITHG process, but unfortunately not really any spots where I can "cut corners".

estimating winrates depends on more than just the player's ability level, it also depends a lot on the quality/quantity of the competition and the rake. I would *estimate* that at those levels the top 1% in skill level earn 5-7ptBB longterm, but hard to say as almost all of those top 1% would move up.

games have changed a lot in the past 3 years for sure and they will continue to evolve but aside from some room consolidation and a strengthening of the average player I think the games are still good and plentiful.