View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Very interesting 100-200 hand. Need all the help i can get!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Why would he not push an ace?

2. Why would he not push AA?

3. If you are timex and Zupp bets 1/2 pot on the river, do you fold or call your 77?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. bc an ace is in timex range. but he would push if he is bluffing.

2. Zupp is not afraid to have a worse hand but would like to get value from a pocket that might fold else (this is from Zupps point of view, he doesnt know that hero would call more with a pocket). also if timex should have an 8 zupp saves money when timex checkraises allin.

3. yes id fold to half pot bets here (in this hand in this situation).

I now that nr 2 is flawed thinking but im too tired to sort it out. when i think about it nr 1 and nr3 is also flawed thinking. the thing is for my thinking to work u have to know what exactly what level your opponent are on and how he plays... More often than not i think i know this about my opponents but i probably dont....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, all of your logic is pretty far off. How does villain know timex will check/call 2 streets with AJ on this board? That cannot be a large chunk of his range unless he's spewy... And even so, just because timex knows an ace in his range does not conclude that a smaller "value" bet is better than pushing...that should be pretty obvious. As for saying you would check/fold to a 1/2 pot bet but check/call the pot bet allin--that is insanely bad against a smart player. If we assume Zupp is smart and observant, he is bluffing 1/2 pot and pushing TT-KK and you lose all the money.