View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Angelo: Fastrolling

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to present an argument for fastrolling. It comes up most in Omaha, but sometimes holdem. If you show your hand your opponent might not realize he has it beat. Maybe he backdoored a flush that he forgot he had. just show that nut straight and let him see it. He might just fold 2 pair or a busted low, not realizing he backed into the flush.

In holdem, the counterfeited kicker hand is probably the most common example. Flop comes AK373. Just flip over AQ, and say "Ace Queen". Don't
say Aces up or anything that is an overt lie. Just draw attention to your queen. Sometimes people forget about the way the K saved their sorry ass A5off suit. After all, they are stupid enough to play that hand, so clearly they could be stupid enough to miread the board at the end. If you don't fastroll, he flips A5 FACE UP and the dealer will (probably) save him from himself.

Is this angle shooting? Maybe, but I'm comfortable with it from an ethics point of view.

Jim Morgan

[/ QUOTE ]

i always "fastroll"...always. i try to direct the strength of my hands (as noted above) and get players w/ winning or tying hands to fold every now and then. i also play so few hands that its a good chance to bring attention to a holding which is a misrepresentation of my game. i also like to keep the game moving and i am a donks best friend.

from reading this exerpt i get the feeling that im gonna like tommys book, much like i like barry's and doyles portion of the original SS. i cant read poker books that actually discuss the playing of hands too much. i dont know if this bodes well for sales though.