View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 8: The REM Process - \"Equity\", \"Maximize\", \"RI

Great. I'm glad to see these studies are back and rolling. I'm in the FR forum, and the sticky is not at the top of our forum, so I didn't know it was back.

Anyway, I just started rereading this section, and I'm not quite done. However, I do have a couple things here that I'll throw out, and I'm sure I'll have more tonight.

1. Page 112, 2nd paragraph, you talk about adding semi-bluffing type hands to villains range against which we are a 3:2 favorite. You talk about adding 1 percent to your equity for each of these hands. I'm not good at the poker maths (it's a constant battle that I'm working on...perhaps hopeless)...why 1% for each one?

2. I'm a huge fan of this book; however, I think this is one spot there could have been a little bit more in the form of a type of quiz...kind of like Ed did in SSHE with counting outs or whatever. (I know there's only so much you can do in one volume...hard to make everyone happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) I guess I could simply make one myself or pick like hands from every session; however, I'm sure I'd screw some up. It would be nice to have the community perhaps have an "estimate your equity" type quiz or post where we could all work these things out together. I do plenty in PokerStove and so forth, but I got to say that most of what I do at the table is "feel", and I rarely have an "exact" type number in my head.

That's it till later.