View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: 20 nl sng, I know this is basic, but......

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering about PF. I know that there is stuff like SAGE and half SAGE, etc, is this a good time to shove, and continue to shove with these types of hands?

A was thinking air would be out of the question. I didn't get the impression that this guy was taking anything that was hugely -ev. A cold bluff would probably be to risky for him to try here, as he would be more likely to push with a hand that he wants a call with. But the bastard beat me, so maybe I wasn't all that able to read him either.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAGE only applies at 10 Big Blind effective stacks or less. Bluffing with air could be +EV for him, depending on how you are playing. If you're stabbing at a lot of pots on the flop, he may feel that your betting range that will fold to his shove is great enough to compensate for the times you call and he's crushed. You bet full pot on the flop, and a lot of times villains feel (usually incorrectly, IMO) that this is a sign of weakness.

Try not to be so results oriented, as the stacks are really too shallow to consider folding this. You had 56% equity against him, and you are rarely crushed by his potential range.