View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:14 PM

Default 20 nl sng, I know this is basic, but......

I suck so bad, at the 50/100 level.

If I find myself at this level, it is because my opponent is good, or lucky. Unfortunately, my villain is pretty darn good.

However, there is one small hole in his game that I feel that I am able to exploit. The problem with the hole is that it doesn't give me huge ev.

But my thinking is that now, with such large blinds, this hole could be costly.

So, the question is, not if I suck or not (already answered, ty), but if it is worth trading pf for post-flop? Is it always >ev to shove pf, or was I okay playing this hand like this?

When he shoved me on the flop, I knew he either had a Q, middle pair + fd, or a fd, but the last seemed pretty unlikely. Reads or no reads, I would be a disaster to lay this down, I think.

Before I had to read it, no, he would not have 2p or a set here.

Poker Stars, $20 + $1 NL Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 1,355
SB: 1,645

Pre-Flop: (150) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 50, Hero checks

Flop: (200) Q 4 T (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 200</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 1,545 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 1,055 and is All-In

Turn: (2,710) 9 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (2,710) 3 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,710 Pot
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Nines) and LOST (-1,355 NET)
SB showed 4 9 (a flush, Queen high) and WON 2,710 (+1,355 NET)