Thread: Sicko Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Sicko Revisited

[ QUOTE ]
Inso0 : Stop listening to Michael Moore and start listening to people who are actually experiencing your precious Universal Healthcare

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Well, OK... [ QUOTE ]
MarkD : I live in Alberta. Our healthcare system is messed up and part of this is due to brain drain and mismanagement and part of it is due to Alberta's government trying to privatize the healthcare system. ... We aren't paying our doctors & nurses enough because our government is trying to privatize the system. I find the idea of paying to go to a doctor to be ludicrous and the idea of not wanting to help pay for other peoples healthcare who can't afford it to be extremely selfish and a little weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

And from the American side of the frontier, we have

[ QUOTE ]
adios : We shouldn't be too quick in defending the U.S. health care system. I went to an emergency room about a year ago or so for a minor injury to make sure it wasn't more serious than it was (get an xray for possible broken bones). My perspective was that my being a paying customer (I have health insurance) wasn't all that common but much appreciated. I was told by one of the people treating me that the system was totally broken. Didn't pursue it too much. I got the impression that the laws in the U.S. requiring people showing up in emegency rooms to be treated irregardless of their ability to pay was a major contributing factor.

[/ QUOTE ]