Thread: Sicko Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Sicko Revisited

BCPVP,

"Does this only apply to doctors or should it apply to people who grow food, build homes, and pipe in water as well?"

I never said doctors shouldn't be paid. They should, and so should those others you are talking about. But, if I can't afford to eat or put a roof over my head the state should provide for my basic human rights. That doesn't mean that the people doing the work won't get compensated for it.

Money,

You are wrong because there are many people in Canada who do not have jobs, can not work due to medical illness or some other such reason, and all of these people get healthcare. They do not pay. I pay for them. Therefor, not everyone pays to go to the doctor.

As to your other point I am not sure what you are talking about then. I do disagree that healthcare through taxation is not benevolent. It appears quite benevolent to me as it really seems to be the only way I can imagine where people less fortunate than myself, or yourself, will receive adequate treatment. I'm under the impression that the system in the US really doesn't work very well for the poor.