View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Re: What to do... What to do...

OK I'll throw some thoughts in at this point.

I don't like a preflop reraise in this situation because I'm not looking to flip here based on my stack size and the early blind level. Also if reraising, then folding to a preflop push from villain just isn't a consideration for me so I like calling here and seeing the flop.

OK I've hit my Ace on a draw scary board. I believe that in most cases I'm ahead here. So what's my goal? I'm OOP which is of utmost concern to me.

Help me discern the value of leading this flop if that's your preferred play.

Does leading at this flop and deciding what to do based on villains reaction really tell us anything for sure? For example; we pot bet $500 and villain reraises to $1000, what did we learn? 2 black QQ could do that. OR, we pot bet and villain pushes, a non-suited big Ace could do that as might KK with a heart in which case we'd be well ahead of both hands.

For those who want to ck/call down how likely is it that you'll make it to a showdown and actually win the pot? Only a weak villain will allow you to get there on the cheap. If you're in villains position isn't this an "easy" pot to win by outplaying your opponent if a scare card hits on later streets?

Do you agree that we're ahead of most of villains ranges on this flop?

Does a ck-raise push look good to anybody? Assume we ck and villain bets $500. If we push now what does it look like we have? Does it look like an Ace, does it look like a draw? Do we get a non-suited AQ to call us? Do we have any fold equity against a good drawing hand that we wouldn't mind seeing fold but would be a favorite against if they called? Does a push ever discourage 2 red QQ's from calling?

Please continue on.......