View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Mid-limit games in Las Vegas

Ok, before you tell me to use the search function and so on, I have read all the threads. I have gone to allvegaspoker.com. I just want to make absolutely sure.

I usually play 20/40 limit HE in the Bay Area (Bay 101). I am not bankrolled for higher limits than 30/60, so I haven't played the 40/80 yet. I have run pretty well at 20/40, so I don't want to jinx it.

I'll be in Las Vegas for a weekend in September. I haven't been there over a year and back then I used to play smaller stakes at 4/8 or 6/12, so I never had these questions. What can I expect to find? Obviously the lowest limit game will be a 15/30, MAYBE a 10/20. So right now I have the following rooms:

Bellagio (which says long wait times)
Wynn (which says bad game selection)
Venetian (how regular is their 15/30 and how occasional is their 30/60)
Mirage (I hear the place is a ghost town)

In addition, if you have been to SoCal or NorCal, you'll know that the people are super LAGs, love to build big pots and will gamboool. People generally are well off or (excuse the incorrectness) asian gamblers.
How does this compare to mid-limit poker in LV? Are there more regulars? Are the games tougher? I mean in San Jose betting is capped at 200$, which is why you will find people playing limit poker that have no business there. But if you are playing limit in Las Vegas, you obviously made a decision to chose that instead of the myriads of 1/2 or 2/5 NL games out there. Am I being paranoid and shouldn't worry before I reach even high limits?

Thanks for your responses.