View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 PM

Default PokerStars -> Stox Video Question re: FPP, etc.

There's an affiliate offering a free year of Stox training videos for signing up with PokerStars. This is about a $250 value. I realize I'm the only person without a Stars account in the civilized world, but I'm looking into this.

The catch is that I need to generate at least 250 FPP. In addition, for hands to qualify towards this 250, the rake must be at least 40 cents (ring games). Tourneys/SNGs need at least a $1 rake to qualify. I've heard each FPP is approx. 16 cents but I don't know how the whole system works.

So my question is what exactly am I looking at here in real world terms? I'm thinking I'd like to deposit 50 buy-ins and grind 18s,45s,180s, etc. Don't know if this is a good idea or not. What is the easiest way to meet this 250 fpp requirement? I have ~$600 I'd be willing to move over to Stars in order to get Stox training videos for a year. Ideally, I'd like to just do one session or so a week on Stars and keep my current gravy train moving along at FT. Hope this makes sense, I just need to know how hard it will be to get my $250 of value out of this...
Thanks.