View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Move to Cash Games

The first few years of playing poker I played mainly SNG's and MTT's. After having a son in December I decided that I would make the transition over to cash games. The main reason was I did this was the amount of time tournaments take, as I no longer have 5+ hours to kill playing in some of them.

The best advice I can give you is to do a search for some player video's of 6 max NL on this site. Some of the video's truly give great insight on cash game strategy and really helped me with molding a style that I feel comfortable with.

Also, NL Cash can be very swingy. Some days you can't do anything wrong, and it seems like the easiest game in the world. Other days nothing goes right and you can't hit a flop to save your life and get outdrawn any time you do make a hand. Just concentrate on playing solid, and don't tilt away a month's profit because of this.

Assuming you are going to play micro limits, remember that there are a ton of horrible players at this level. Don't try to get to fancy, and stick to solid poker and you will get paid off in the long run.

As mentioned before, get Poker Tracker and PAHUD, both are great tools in which no serious player should be without.

Good luck.