View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Moral relativity

[ QUOTE ]
Answer is pretty clearly "yes" (though the question could use some more specificity). Even if there is an objectively and exclusively correct morality (which seems very unlikely), there's no way for us to discover it, so for all intents and purposes the answer would still be "yes."

That said, some moral systems may contain more or fewer logical contradictions, which would make them more or less "valid." I don't think that's what the OP meant to ask about, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so my moral system is both internally and externally consistent (excluding fringe grey area nonsense) is your moral system objectivly better than mine? If so then you must have some way of proving it. If not, and here is the trap for the yes voters, then you must be an ACist. My morality (which I believe is objective) says taxation is wrong. You lose nothing if you switch to my morality (as all morality is equal) so logically you must switch to my morality. Right. If everything is subjective you might as well become an objectivist because it makes no difference and will save a whole bunch of hassle.