View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

1) From the CO I like open-raising with this hand even though it's early. For one, if called this hand can flop big. Secondly, I want to test the players that are going to be in my blinds and see if they defend. If you always fold from LP in an unopened pot except for when you have the goods, you are not providing any cover for your good hands. I want the players in my blinds to be sick and tired of me and hope they will play back at me at the wrong time.

I also believe that opponents don't often put reads on the tight player as we might hope if we're trying to build that tight image for our advantage later. However, everybody notices the LAG player hammering on their blinds and this image can more often be used to exploit opponents.

2) I'm going to bet something like t130 to t170 due to the coordinated nature of the board with potential straight and flush draws. I have a big hand that might get paid off now by draws. If I try to trap and a scare card falls, it might help my opponent. If it doesn't help my opponent, it will make it less likely I get paid off.

3) If I fill up on the turn and my opponent checks, I will check behind and hope he makes a hand on the river. If I fill up and my opponent bets I will cold-call.

If a scare card falls and my opponent checks I will make a half-pot bet. If a scare card falls and my opponent bets I will raise and see what he does.

If a non-scare card falls and my opponent bets I will raise and see what happens. If a non-scare card falls and my opponent checks I will make a half-pot bet.