View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Things to help a 24 hour flight go faster?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'2" and fly alot. If I'm to late for an upgrade to first class, I feel I'm screwed. My legs never have enough room and always in pain unless I get lucky with seats in front of coach. I found the best trick for this is to arrive at airport real early and don't do computer check in. Explain to counter person your problem, It could be bad back, being too tall or whatever. I have been given free first class upgrades as well as they have changed peoples seats and gave me roomier ones by the escape hatches and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does this work?

so you get to the airport like 3+ hours before takeoff, you are booked for a normal coach cramped seat. you ask the person at the counter for an upgrade into business or first class. do they charge you extra right there? are you gonna be paying the same premium as if you would have booked it in advance?

or i mean, i dont understand, do they just do it first come first serve and give you free upgrades to first/business class? cause if they are gonna charge you the same ridiculous 6x premium then whats the point of showing up early? just book the damn thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing. You show up early and like the OP said, tell them since you are tall, and it's not good for your back or knees to sit down in a small seat for hours on end. They don't want to create a fuss and risk looking bad, especially if you hurt yourself. If there are a lot of empty seats available, they will do it free of charge.