View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/25/07 NFL SNF GAME THREAD (PHI @ NE) ***

[ QUOTE ]
Understand that I am not saying you made a bad play...but it doesn't matter that you called it beforehand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does. PSU isn't saying it was a good bet because he won, he's saying there was inherent value in the line [if inelegantly.]

Texas +250 v USC was a good bet that I called before hand. I cannot be accused of ROT because it won. Obviously if they played again, USC may have won, it was still a good bet. The line was not set to attract equal action, but to suck in all the USC bettors at a bad price [say -275]

UAB +10.5/+450 v Kentucky 2nd Round CBB Tourney was a v.v. good bet. I loaded up on this. It's not a good bet because UAB won outright, it's a good bet because of the huge value inherent in the misplaced line, same as above.
Obviously, some % out of 100 the Wildcats would cover the Blazers, but since 98% of office/public bettors couldn't tell you UAB's nickname, much less that they press 94'/40m you can safely assume the public was riding UK pretty hard.

Eagles -3 @ GB Week 1 was a good bet. The Pack Offense scored 6 pts on their drives, recovered a punt muff in the end zone, and another one at the 20 in the final minute for another 3 pts. PHL's O outscored GB's O 13-6 with 2 fewer possessions, the Defs each scored 0. The fact that PHL lost on a last-second FG doesn't change the value of that line going back to August.

Perf offered me 8/10-1 initially on KC not making the playoffs. There was obvious value in that line, I didn't even need to know it was arbable to immediately book a bet with him.

All these 'events' are only played one time. That is irrelevant to their inherent value. No different than a GOOG $675 Dec call option. That 'game' is only run once, but at a certain price you should buy all you can.