View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

[ QUOTE ]
Otis,

I don't know what you want me to tell you. I would assume you think Floyd Mayweather is a boring boxer too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no? It's not like this is some kind of rare opinion, I've heard many other people (including Mike Swick) say wow this guy is boring.

Watch the first two rounds of the Rich Franklin fight and tell me how exciting he is.

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy watching high level guys fight. Machida and Okami are definitely high level MMA fighters. I don't need to see 100% action from bell-to-bell (though I do enjoy it).

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it has to do with wanting to finish the fight. Machida actively seems to want to go for decisions, I mean ooh look he's talented look at him go to that decision. Man he's so fast stick and move and look at that lack of killer instinct he's truly a point fighter. If I wanted to see point fighting I'd get into Wing Chun or something.

If the UFC agreed with you that this was awesome I think they'd pay out a bonus for decision of the night just like they do for KO of the night and submission of the night.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately for you, I would assume Okami gets a title shot after Hendo/Silva barring the UFC bring anyone in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not unfortunate for me. Seeing Silva beat this guy into retardation would be exciting. If you've seen their first fight it was pretty much going that way. If Okami gets the takedown he still won't do any damage bc he won't be able to pass guard.

[ QUOTE ]
And if Machida gets through Sokoudjou and whoever they give him afterwards, he's probably due for one too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think they'll give him one, Okami has a better shot bc 185 is thin, there are a lot of guys at 205 they can line up. Unless Machida starts finishing people he won't get one anytime soon.