View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A similar one - when sitting down on an airplane please don't lower yourself into your seat by holding onto the headrest in front of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this drives me nuts. a while back i was flying air canada from frankfurt to toronto and i was woken up because someone was using my headrest for support while doing who knows what. i looked back to see some old lady fiddling with her shoe or something and i guess i didn't have the most pleasant look on my face (after just waking up) so the old fart she was with started yelling at me in french. i told him politely that i did not understand what he was saying, so he kicked the back of my seat to push my seatback up. i turned around and put my headphones back on and tried to go back to sleep. a couple minutes later when i thought things had calmed down i tried to put my seatback down again, and immediately it was shoved right back violently.

so:

a) don't be an [censored]
b) when you realize you're being an [censored], don't start yelling and being a bigger [censored]
c) when you're being an [censored] and someone is trying to talk to you politely, don't pretend you don't speak their language
d) don't use violence just for the sake of being an [censored]

[censored] = bumhole but starts with an a

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bs. You should never put your seat back in a plane. It gives the person behind you far less room to do whatever they are trying to do - reading, eating, using a laptop or whatever. You're pretty damn selfish if you think it is ok to inconvenience somebody else just to make your trip slightly better.

Also, if you’re sitting beside somebody in a lecture theatre or on a bus or plane, try your best not to invade their personal space with your arms and possessions.