Thread: Crossfit FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Crossfit FAQ

I'll admit I have just skimmed this thread so far, as I'm getting ready to study for a final tomorrow. I also am really unfamiliar with the Crossfit program.

Hopefully tomorrow I can read this thread fully and also go over and examine what exactly Crossfit is supposed to be about. Before that I have two questions:

1. Does Crossfit have any type of periodization? When I look at the "workouts of the day" which I've basically just done a few times it seems like a bunch of exercises thrown together for time. I don't like the approach of doing a bunch of compound movements for a hurried amount of time. I don't see the rationale of doing something like 50 cleans or whatever either as I think it can be pretty dangerous and seems like it would lead to poor form as the session wore on.

2. Not really a question, but from what I've seen on the "workouts of the day" none of this would come close to a well designed CT program for increasing muscle mass.

3. Looked at the workouts of the day for this week: 1- I don't like "Diane" (who does 21 reps of deadlift and what is the purpose?) Then Thursday is:

Complete twenty rounds of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

So 250 squats? 100 pullups? I'm just not sure I see the rationale in something like this. It seems like an unnecessary amount of volume, and I'd imagine the DOMS would be unbearable if you used any type of weight at all on squats.

Sorry, just some random quick questions and thoughts! Don't know if they have been discussed yet. I gotta study, but I'll try and check this out in detail tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]