View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

[ QUOTE ]
Delfino gets no run in the playoffs. He wasn't even on the playoff roster last year. Expect a tight seven-man rotation with Dice and Hunter. DDavis will come in for Shaq duty, but that's prob as deep as it comes. Delk and Evans will only do mop up duty.

I'm kind of curious as to why Delk stopped playing though. I haven't completely figured out Flip's playoff rotation yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playoff rotations are always shorter than regular season. The Piston starters don't need much rest, especially at guard. Plus you're always downgrading, for any situation, when you sit Rip or Chauncey. That isn't the case with the forwards, where McDyess and one Wallace often is the best look for the situation.

It's obvious that other than the starters he only trusts Lindsey to run the offense. Still, I bet there's a foul trouble situation or two in this series where Delk gets a few minutes to put up a scoring burst.

Don't forget the Shaq insurance. I'm looking forward to seeing Dale Davis get dusted off for a few minutes here and there.