View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Cash game pros - lifestyle (and numbers) questions

- How many hours of cash game play do you guys (and gals) try to log every week ?

I avg about 20hrs a week, but it's very polarized to like 10 or 40hrs/wk. This is because I tend to play a ton when I'm not doing well, and quit easily when I'm up. Not recommended, but I think it's pretty common.

- How has playing cash games affected your sleeping cycles ? How has it affected the social aspect of your life?

I sleep from like 5am to 2pm (give or take two hours) usually - but honestly this is pretty close to my ideal sleep schedule (I was doing this in college long before I got into poker). The biggest problem I have w/ playing pro online is that I don't get an automatic, in town group of friends like many people do at their jobs.

- How do you guys pay yourself? Do you do a fix amount of $ per week ? Do you tell yourselves '' i will withdraw X$ when my bankroll reaches X$ ''

I withdraw whenever I have more than enough to play the stakes I want to. Make sure you have a large cushion in your bank account. A bad day/week/month should never affect your ability to pay your bills, etc for a fairly long period of time.