View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Really, really, really thin value vs Samo

[ QUOTE ]
ok so before/after flaming heres my reasoning- Samo is calling in position with a ton of hands including all pairs, big unpaired cards, various SCs and Axs.

After he checks turn I feel like his range is pretty balanced on the river, and my hand is slightly underrepped. the problem i see with any other line is that hes good enough to V-bet/bluff pretty optimally here, so I don't think I can call a bet greater than or = to 2/3 pot (ish).

Again, I could make a smaller vbet of like 280-380 or so, but I still feel like this leads to the same problem where he bluffraises/value raises/ folds/calls enough hands so I can't play even close to optimally.

So I make a small overbet which he hasnt seen before and so is unlikely to bluff over, and I think the majority of his range is made of bluffcatchers/ smaller A combos- and I think he calls this bet enough of the time to show slight +ev...

I tend to overthink [censored] tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't explicitly say this, but I believe an overbet will widen his calling range (and not just put raising hands into the call category- but get hands hed fold to call) as opposed to any other betsize.