View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Tom Brady Best QB Ever!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Carson Palmer has arguably the best WR in the game, 2 solid RBs, and a very solid #2 and #3 WR. Brady led the league in TD passes one year with Troy Brown, David Patten, and a rookie Deion Branch at WR and A. Smith as his RB. Brady has also obviously won a lot more.

Carson Palmer took over a team coming off an 8-8 year IIRC. He has yet to win a playoff game. Tom Brady took over a team coming off a 5-11 year and that was 0-2 when he took over. He led them to 3 super bowls in 4 years.

As I said, its laughable to suggest that any current NFL QB is better than Brady. Go ahead- I challenge anyone to try to make an argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'll take the bait. In the NFL I think alot of the success a quarterback has is the system he is in. Examples being Warner during his St. Louis days and to a lesser extent Ben Roethlisburger.
I think we all saw what an offensive guru Weis is with what he did at Notre Dame. Now I'm not saying that Brady doesn't have great poise and doesn't make tough completions sometimes, but I think if you put him on an average team he wouldn't be as good.
The Pats have a great system and Brady stays within that system, but I think he is a product of it and is as good as he is because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom Brady had what was easily his best season in 2005-2006 without Charlie Weis and with his offensive linemen dropping like flies. Believe it or not, he led the league in passing yardage last season.