Thread: Fish Oil
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Fish Oil

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's a bit of an extreme. Yes, it thins your blood. Yes too much of it could potentially thin your blood to a dangerous level potentially leading to a medical condition. Do you have any idea how much this would have to be? More than 20 -30 g/day, or according to my fishoil sources (25 gels) or 10-15 TBSP. Not [censored] likely that you are consuming this much.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are cases of people taking this much fish oil. Famous strength coach Charles Poliquin recomended a lot of fish oil and there was a following for it.

Poliquin said,

"Anyone who wants to put on muscle and lose fat should be on 30-45 grams of fish oil per day. That's just three tablespoons of fish oil. It would be a pain in the ass with capsules though because that's around 45 capsules per day, but it's easy with a straight oil."

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...2&pageNo=7

I, Packard have never gone above 15 grams of fish oil a day so I can't comment for sure the effects. I know that there was a thread about this and some people reported positive changes with the 35+ grams of fish oil dosage