View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: The Dids theory of human [censored]-upery.

[ QUOTE ]
How many years will you believe in the Higgs boson without evidence? 10 years? 50? Until your death?

You are correct in that the older theories were proven wrong and discredited, my original query stands, how long will you believe in the Higgs boson with no evidence? How long will you believe that 90% of the universe is {mega-handwaving} dark matter without proof and verification? What if scientists tell us that dark matter never be empirically verified [unlike electrons, etc]?

If not for 2000 years, as you say, then for how long? A straight answer if you please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how this Higgs Boson thing is relevant. I don't know that much about it, but from some quick reading it seems that a) there is some indirect evidence of its existence b) it has been predicted to exist in a scientific fashion which has a track record of at least partial success at predicting this sort of thing. Religion has no track record whatsoever of being correct. But no, I would not say that I believe in the Higgs Boson based on what I've read. I'd say I believe that there is a decent chance they are right, just like there is a decent chance the Bears win the Super Bowl.