View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So he can blow by the defenders but he doesn't have great court vision and tends to make a ton of mistakes, generally as a consequence of playing out of control. Those things do not a great point guard make. Now Nash : backup PG :: Michael Jordan : Pete Myers, but there's better solutions than Barbosa, most specifically Diaw but also maybe Grant Hill. No reason Boris or Hill can't run the offense when Nash is out. There are inspired stretches of play when Nash isn't in, but all too often they look out of sorts and I find myself looking at the clock and saying "all right, there's 8 minutes left in the period, that's plenty of rest". This is no doubt a huge area of concern for the coaching staff, should Nash get injured or head-butted again at some point in the regular season or playoffs. Because while Nash is the straw that stirs the drink, there is still plenty of talent around him and in his absence they shouldn't look like a pickup game at the Special Olympics.

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps Jack of Archades can chime in, because he normally knows this stuff to a tee, but from a spectator perspective it seemed the suns w/o nash were down in point differential and then with him on the court like +20 vs bulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'm really hoping Jack of Arcades sees this, checks the NBA.com boxscore, and then reports to us that Nash had a point differential of +12 in last nights game.