View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Omaha HI 50: To push turn or not?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your post! I thought that flush draw was more likely because he had pot it pre-flop and called my reraise. I thought he had something like A-J-T-9 or some high cards.

Looking that turn bet now, it was obvious mistake. On turn nuts would be 7-8 and there are several other straight possibilities. I guess he wouldn't have called pot-size bet with bare flush draw. So smaller bet would be okay though it might look a bit wimpy. I don't like checking here because giving free cards in Omaha is absolute no-no.

Well anyways, I think I would have been committed to this hand. For example if I had made 20 dollars raise on turn he would have simply pushed all-in. And it's EV+ play to call 34 dollars more in this spot because there is 100 bucks in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) good logic about why he is more likely to have a flush. I had not thought of that, but makes sense.
2) it would not be ev+ to call on the turn if he shoved a str8 after you bet 20. as i mentioned, you have 23% equity (just realised you actually have 25% equity, used a holdem odds calc rather than an omaha one, oops), and you would not be getting 3:1, so calling would be -ev. you would not have pot odds to call (close but not quite).
3) if you were to check the turn, it would not be to give a free card, it would be to exploit his aggessive tendencies by check raising. obviously if you think he would take a free card do not do it. but once again, you are not checking to give a free card. FURTHERMORE we are not even sure we are ahead, so it is not exactly a simple case of giving a free card.