View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: HPT at Majestic Star - starts Saturday

Not quite sure why everyone is confused by their satellite structure. I personally think the HPT satellite structure rocks.. They allow for a lot of bad players to get in, and have a decent sturcture for the good players.

They have a $65 SNG (which awards 1 seat) and a $125 SNG (which awards 2 seats) to the M.E. satellite.

The $560 M.E. Satellite (which is obv a MTT) awards the top 20% of players seats the HPT M.E. There is no $125 satellite (only SNGs). This is the only way to satellite into the M.E. that I know of. However I think (upon request) they may run some $560 SNG's where 2 M.E. entries are given.

The SNG's go off as they fill up, usually there are plenty of people willing to play these, but they only run on a few tables so there is usually a list. The M.E. Satellite is run usually twice a day at 1PM and 7PM. The times for the M.E. Satellite and the structure for them can be found here: http://www.heartlandpokertour.com/ev...007&eid=17

For those saying that the SNG's are a waste of time, this is completly untrue. Almost all sngs you play (online or live) have a fast structure. This is WAY better for the good players. Like I said before if you can beat the $10 SNG's online, you should be able to CRUSH these live ones. If your push/fold game is good, and you can afford to play a few of these, you should be able to win multiple times.

I have played many of the sng's and rarely do not make it to the final few players. The play at the start of these is just utterly horrible. People love to stack off with KJo early in the sng. Then when the blinds get bigger I see some just awful horrible calls that people make, and they do not push NEARLY enough. I usually just sit tight until the blinds get big and play a solid push/fold game. Obviously there is some varience, but the horrible plays that other people are making should more than compensate you for your time.

Anyways, good luck to everyone who will be playing. I will attempt my first satellite on monday night.