View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: HPT at Majestic Star - starts Saturday

In case anyone cares, it would appear that there is some confusion on the HPT website about the satellites. Not all the folks in the Majestic Star card room seem to get what is happening either, based on my phone conversation this afternoon.

Anyhow, the HPT website seems to suggest that there are only SNG qualifiers running, but that they are scheduled at particular times. In fact, the SNGs are just that, run whenever there is a full list, but there are also multi-table tourneys that have the same buy-in ($125) as the two-winner SNGs. The top 20% get qualifier seats. The structure isn't anything wonderful, but it was a lot better than the SNG structure.

So, if you want to play for a qualifier seat and don't want the mind-numbing SNG structure, there is another choice, though there are a limited number of opportunities.

I did manage to win a seat, and I'm set to play a qualifier on Sunday night now. I wouldn't characterize too many of the players from this early round as terrible, but there certainly were at least few that were off-the-charts bad, including some that qualified (anyone there knows who I am referring to). I guess that I should be glad for that. Good luck to anyone else who is planning to play.