View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without direct reads, the stats can help you in establishing indirect leads. Like, "Wow, this clown has an ROI of -88%" as you push the call button on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of see it the opposite way.

I play a lot of cheap SnGs, and the donk play I see most often is someone flopping a nice hand, getting bet into, and throwing it all in.

I think someone in the STT forum was talking about this: at the low levels, the players tend to be very straightforward; most likely if they make a very large bet they have a very strong hand. (This might be part of Phil Hellmouth's rationale for not likely to call big river bets.)

I'm not sure how many players satellite in to the FTP $750K $1M. The primary turbo satellite 2.5 hrs before awards about 200 seats. Also not sure if you can correlate satelliting-in with weak players; I've see lots of FTP pros in the primary satellite.

Turns out that this player did satellite in. In fact, that was his only career ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with this.

I use stats for live decision making constantly and it's almost always a good idea.
Donkeys push their chips in with garbage ALL THE TIME. That's why they are donkeys.

Anyway, w/e happened, results?