View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Ask me anything about PRAGUE or CZECH REPUBLIC

Hi guys,

Sorry for not responding to any of the questions posted for a long time. I have moved back to university and life has been so hectic that I will now try to get through all your questions. Thanks for waiting and I hope this helps somebody lol.

[ QUOTE ]
What are your other favourite locations in Prague?

Thanks for this thread; I'm going to visit Prague sometime this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favourite locations in Prague are:

1st. Prague Castle - it is one of the most beautiful locations in Prague. It is the world’s largest inhabited castle and now is the offices and residence of the Czech President. What I would recommend is having a whole castle tour, which will take you to the 5 most important parts of the castle which are closed to the public. It costs around $15 for a 2 1/2 hour tour. It’s worth the money and you get to go up the cathedral tower (around 300 steps) but you get magical views of Prague. /i would also recommend going at 11.45 for the changing of the guards. This is carried out everyday for the whole year when the new guards come and take over from the last shift. This is very impressive and worth going to see.

To get to the castle go on the Metro Line B and get of at Malastrana. Then it’s a short walk up to the castle.

2nd. Charles Bridge - is one of the most historically famous bridges in the world and stretches over the river Vltava. The Old Town bridge tower is often considered to be one of the most astonishing civil gothic-style buildings in the world. The bridge is decorated by a continuous alley of 30 statues and statuaries, most of them baroque-style, erected around 1700.

3rd. Wenceslav's Square - This is regarded as the main high street of Prague and has about 1 km of shops, galleries, clubs, hotels, restaurants and bars on it. This is seen as the centre of Prague and from here it is easy to access any part of central Prague you want. I would also recommend the Museum as the top, its quite spectacular and has such a diverse range of artefacts, animals, plants, meteors etc.

To get there get off at Museum Line C and you will come out at the top of the square.