View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: good books on PLO?

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is there is no money to be made from writing a good PLO book, they just don't sell.
So the really good information just doesn't come out, it's better to keep it to yourself and take monies off people.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone wrote a really good omaha book, i am sure it would sell quite well.(in fact i would be interested in the sales figures of the current Omaha books, and other poker books in general to see if there is any truth in saying there is no market for a good omaha book).

I would imagine there is a market for both a really good newbie book and an advanced book....

i think the reason that there arent more books on PLO is to do with the fact it is a harder game than holdem to learn and achieve a reasonable standard (and probably therefore write about)...rather than any lack of demand

Also, by writing one or two good books on omaha, it might raise the standard of play in some cases, but it would probably lead to more players of lower standards entering the games, making them more profitable (or at the very least keeping them reasonably profitable).