View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Things in news stories that bug you

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily intend to support or not-support Bill O'Reilly with this post.

The recent ridiculous news stories that have accused O'Reilly of calling soldiers that disagree with the war in Iraq "phony soldiers" has seriously made me tilt harder than anything ever.

It seems like seriously none of these media sources gives ONE FLYING F*** about what he actually said, because it makes a better story to just report what they wish he had said. It's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confusing two things. Rush Limbaugh is the one being attacked for saying the "phony soldiers" comment. Bill O'Reilly defended him.

Bill O'Reilly was being attacked for a different comment about black patrons in a black restaurant that was taken out of context, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he is not confusing anything. Limbaugh called a rash of people who posed as soldiers (officiating weddings etc), as phony soldiers, the media took it out of context, O reilly defended Rush saying basically - wtf do you want, there are people running around that have never been in the military and are claiming they are, rush said nothing wrong in saying they are phony soldiers - the left wing media doesnt know how to read/listen and just completely spun everything saying that they were calling all soldiers etc phony.

On a seperate issue, O reilly went to some sould food restuarant up in new york, and said something a long the lines of "there was no MFing, no thugs, etc". Depending on how you take it, it was somewhat racist, but I heard the clip and it was more of a satire type comment than anything imo, ie if went to a chinese restaurant and said "weird, there was no ching chongy types, or panties in vending machines..who woulda thunk that these stereotypes arent true"

[/ QUOTE ]

Guids,

Please reread my post. That's pretty much what I said, except, yes, he IS confusing the two issues.