View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: River my Flush and madness breaks out

i haven't read this entire thread, but i like your flop line a lot. however, i think you solidified your hand on the turn, as you would have bet out hard if you had a set or two pair given how draw heavy the board is.

as played, i think you 100% of the time have to push the turn. i did see the results, but i don't think it affects how i would play this. i think when both players flat call your raise on the flop, you can take them off a set, two pair, and an overpair. i have no idea what BB had that makes sense her besides Q10 or a heinously played QJ or KJ type hand (well Q10 is played heinously too). when they both flat call the flop i think you have to either give credit to one of the players for a better flush draw or at least give it strong consideration. with that said, pushing the turn here is perfect.

let me know what you all think, but here is my thinking behind the hand.

1) when they both flat call your raise on the flop, their range narrows drastically. unless these guys are total headcases, they aren't flat calling with 2 pair, an overpair, or a set. i can't see them calling with a pair really, as the only pairs that would be in the pot would be top pair or an overpair and their lines would have been different (fold / push).
2) when you hit the turn, as i said, i'd probably give you credit for the best hand here. i'm not saying put 100% weight on it, but i think given how it played out it was likely. you HAVE to push here. your stack isn't big enough compared to the pot to check, you destroy the set / 2 pair / overpair you were representing, and you're letting the draw at beating you, especially since it's likely your flush isn't good.
3) if one of the villains has totally played disgusting poker with a set or 2 pair here, that leaves one player that could have the flush draw, which lowers the probability one of them does. so you have redraw outs for sure.

yes, no?