View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Jennifer Harmon\'s nose squinting

[ QUOTE ]
I never thought she was a good poker player. Couldn't understand all the accolades from the other top pros. You watch her on TV and she seems tight, not particularly inventive.

But I just finish Craig's book, The professor, the banker and the suicide king and came away impressed by how she was able to work her way up to the top poker levels, going bust several times on the way up. She played Beal pretty aggressively heads-up (50,000-100,000 blinds) and did well against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no real evidence that she is either good or bad. Her chapter in SuperSystem didn't suck, but it wasn't particularly insightful. One could probably work their way up the limits playing like that. But lots of regular posters here play just as well.

Maybe she uses tells really well and benefits from live, but we don't know.

We have statements from other high stakes poker players saying how good she is, but these statements are worth nothing.

Moving up the limits at that rate and going busto several times is not a point in her favor. If most of the better players here somehow went busto, they would get a job and never have the time to play poker seriously again.

It seems unlikely that she is a fish. But I don't think anybody who hasn't played with her has enough evidence to know whether she is great or just meh good.