View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Why we love MGM on weekends

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

you suck at poker. You have to keep the guy believing that he is playing with $.05 chips, get to be his best friend, then drain him dry. Keeping the fish on the hook is a lost art nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do suck at your style of poker. And I suck at purse-snatching from 80 year old women. And I suck at rolling unconscious drunks on the sidewalk. I can live with that.

I was pretty pissed at the behaviour of a couple people at the table. In one case, after a big bet by the drunk that went uncalled someone at the table asks the drunk to show his cards. He shakes his head. Then someone else says "you have to show them--it's a rule!" Ummmm, dude... no. Just NO. You have to resort to that to beat this guy? But before the dealer could say "boo" the poor drunk flips his two cards over and displays his usual random two cards for a J-high, or some such. It was probably at that point I started seriously rooting for my drunk fellow Kansan--at least he hadn't displayed a total lack of class.

And yeah, when he said he wanted to leave but looked hopelessly befuddled as to how to do that with 5 stacks of chips, I told him about racks instead of telling him he had to stay until he had few enough chips he could carry them all. I so suck at poker.